Here’s a list of my goals for 2017, broken down into smaller goals; I repeat some goals from “Three Goals for Age 29“, and”bucket list“, but there are also some new ones. This is stickied so I see it regularly, but feel free to read it.
GOALS FOR 2017
“Disaster Prevention” Policy
- Stay sober (from 3/12 on, whoops)
- Stay single
- Save $160 per month, minimum, aim for $400.
Physical Health Goals
Get all necessary check-ups
- Lose 4 lbs a month.
- Cardiovascular exercise 4x week, 30 minutes minimum.
- Meditation 3x a week, 30 minutes minimum
- Explore more recipes
- Grow out hair, keep natural color
- Quit nicotine
- Quit coffee
- Daily sobriety work – daily reflections in “Each Day a New Beginning” & intention setting
- Follow along with daily activities in”The One Year Manual: Twelve Steps to Spiritual Enlightenment” by Israel Regardie – started in March
- Socialize willingly & needlessly a few times a week
- Write poetry to keep busy & sharp
Goals Before Moving
- Finish courses with A’s
Find out about transfer credits
- Create moving checklist
- Find a good house
- Save 50% each month
Goals After Moving
- Find a job
- Retune budget
- Enroll in Lakeland college’s Medical Coding and Billing Specialist program.
- Attend A.A./N.A. meetings 3x a week
- Volunteer in some form – either through meetings, domestic violence shelter, etc.
- Join gym – switch United Health to get Silver Sneakers after move
- Enroll in Lakeshore Technical College’s “Medical Coding and Billing Specialist” program this fall
- Join Skillshare -$8/month
- Enroll in Coursera’s “Creative Writing” specialization program – $50/month
- Read at least one book per month
- Take free online classes through Coursera (Spring semester:
Modern Psychology & Buddhism, De-Mystifying Meditation, Modern Art & Ideas, Introduction to Classical Music, Sharpened Visions: Poetry Workshop-in progress)
- Other Coursera courses: Songwriting: Writing the Lyrics, Photography Basics and Beyond Specialization, Foundations of Positive Psychology Specialization, Journey of the Universe: A Story for Our Times Specialization
,The Music of the Beatles, Tibetan Buddhist Meditation and the Modern World
- Save at least $160 per month before move; retune budget later
Spend less than $40 on books each monthDon’t buy any more books until you read what you own. You have around 200 books you haven’t read. They’re not going to stop selling them anytime soon. Create “Emergency savings” and “General savings”; add $80 to each monthly.
- Write a daily post from “365 Days of Writing Prompts” each day
Take WordPresses Blogging Courses
- End year at 482 followers (started out at 282, currently at 345-March 26,)
weeklyand monthly features – Monthly (need to be completed still): Book, Movie, Discoveries, Person,
- Comment 5x a day on other blogs
Create editorial calendar – complete
- Listen to one new album per week
- Watch one new movie a week
Refine and reduce health supplements
- Read 50 books in 2017
- Learn more about writing, music, and art