Hey, I don’t usually do this, but my friend is pregnant and needs help paying her water bill so she doesn’t get evicted. She’s an awesome person that’s having a hard time right now, if you want to donate the link is here.
A thousand unacknowledged emotions hit her. Years of disarming others emergencies and nursing the wounded thickened her skin, but left her empty at the core. Too many promises broken, too many words spoken without integrity.
Another friend lost the game they were playing with death. She understood implicitly, having played it. Work, school, the joke of her romantic life – none of this offered nearly as much satisfaction as the drug she was about to put in her veins, after over a year of abstinence. The last feeling she felt was an overwhelming rush of relief and a release from pain.
I was nominated by Hussein Allam, who has a wonderfully encouraging blog with interesting thoughts. Go read it!
The rules of this award:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
What do you do in your free time?
Read, enjoy nature, write, go to meetings.
What is the drink that you like mostly in the morning?
Ginger tea or warm water with lemon.
What are your hobbies?
Reading, writing, knitting, learning
What is your plans for the next year?!
Continue school and live healthily.
- I’m moving next week. Back to Manitowoc.
- Natural health products are a fascination of mine right now, it’s been an on/off thing for years.
- I’m looking more into Ayurvedic medicine, which is a 3,000 year old holistic tradition. There’s three dosha types, which means constitution. I’ve been taking herbs for the Kappha dosha, and I feel like they’re helping.
- The older I get, the happier I am.
- I’m afraid that my standards for relationships are too high now, but they realistically aren’t, maybe? I just want a guy that’s pretty self-sufficient, semi-functional, sober, and interesting. THAT DOESN’T SOUND CRAZY, DOES IT? But it’s so hard to find. My god.
- I love reading.
- I’m taking better care of my body now, and it’s definitely a complicated process.
- I adore my best friend.
- I miss hallucinogens and heroin. Like, holy crap, I think I spend more time fixating on heroin now than when I was actively using…if you gave me the choice between meth and heroin, I’d pick meth in three seconds, and now I just want to be opiated and numb.
- I am banned from drinking and using drugs when I live with my best friend.
- When I lived at the oxford house and got angry, I’d go sulk in the detached garage and play this song endlessly:
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- What do you do to take care of yourself?
2. What do you think is most important in life?
3. Why do you blog?
4. What’s one thing that you’ve learned in the past five years that you wish you’d learned earlier in life?
5. What’s your favorite fruit?
6. What’s your favorite movie?
7. If you could tell the world one thing, what would you say?
8. When everything else fails, what can you rely on?
9. What song can get you through a bad day?
10. What do you want to be remembered for?
11. Why are we alive?
It’s difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you.
Life is filled with small pleasures and locating a new one is a special experience. Ginger is a health promoting herb, it has many benefits including high levels of vitamin C, appetite reduction, prevention of alzheimer’s disease, and improved circulation.
What makes ginger different than other supplements I’ve tried is that the appetite reduction and improved circulation is noticable, and the tea delivers an internal heat upon consumption. I’ve been consuming the tea over the last month, and my stomach feels better, I’m more alert, and I feel much better..this might be borderline too much information, but my bowel movements have been excellent.
When prepared in a tea with honey, it’s also one of the most delicious things things in this world. Try this if you’re interested in the benefits or if you enjoy tea.
Tonight at noon
Supermarkets will advertise 3p extra on everything
Tonight at noon
Children from happy families will be sent to live in a home
Elephants will tell each other human jokes
America will declare peace on Russia
World War I generals will sell poppies on the street on November 11th
The first daffodils of autumn will appear
When the leaves fall upwards to the trees
Tonight at noon
Pigeons will hunt cats through city backyards
Hitler will tell us to fight on the beaches and on the landing fields
A tunnel full of water will be built under Liverpool
Pigs will be sighted flying in formation over Woolton
And Nelson will not only get his eye back but his arm as well
White Americans will demonstrate for equal rights
In front of the Black house
And the monster has just created Dr. Frankenstein
Girls in bikinis are moonbathing
Folksongs are being sung by real folk
Art galleries are closed to people over 21
Poets get their poems in the Top 20
There’s jobs for everybody and nobody wants them
In back alleys everywhere teenage lovers are kissing in broad daylight
In forgotten graveyards everywhere the dead will quietly bury the living
You will tell me you love me
Tonight at noon