Thank you to Niall O’Donnell, the author of English-Language Thoughts ()https://englishlanguagethoughts.com/), a blog which will answer your questions on the weirdness of the English language, and teach you things you didn’t know – for example, “inflammable” means the same thing as “flammable”, and there wasn’t a psychopath behind it, either.
Here are the rules:
- Thanks the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
3.I started this blog last June and I honestly can’t remember my exact motivations for it. I deleted everything before last January, I believe, so the answer to that one is lost to the sands of time. I’ve been blogging off and on since I was a teen, so I may have just been trying to find something to do.
4.When you first start out, pretty much no one is going to pay attention to the fact you exist. I see a lot of people get frustrated with that, and honestly the only thing to do is keep going and comment on other people’s blogs. You’ll get followers eventually. #2 Try to update on a regular basis, and if you need to, plan out some posts. See if you can come up with some regular features that you can write in advance to keep your blog alive in case you have a busy spell. Honestly, I probably update too much, but try to shoot for at least three times a week so people get used to you being around.
- Grab it if you want it.